PROJECT MANAGER / ESTIMATOR
in RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION (Portland Metro)
compensation: $75k-90k + $10k-20k bonus + benefits
employment type: full-time
PROJECT MANAGER / ESTIMATOR in RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
Hello! Do you have a passion for residential construction? Welcome to Step One of applying to your new life of independence, flexibility, freedom, and low key company culture. We are Portland Houseworks (portlandhouseworks.com), specializing in boutique residential construction and development. It’s time for us to expand, with you leading and growing our residential construction department. Feel the accomplishment of constructing new homes and developing new organizational systems for your department.
OUR MISSION. Portland Houseworks strives to annually construct 15 to 30 aesthetically unique, ammenity rich single family homes while delivering affordability and unparalleled attention to detail.
WE VALUE simplicity, discipline, integrity, and diligence.
$75K – $90K with benefits (see below)
$10K – $20K Potential annual bonuses based on net profits, cost savings, schedule management, goals and other factors.
BENEFITS OF OUR TEAM:
We are committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment full of energetic people who live our core values. We take pride in working for a company that has a clear mission and provides clear benefit to both clients and employees. We offer:
* Medical insurance
* Company paid training and ongoing personal development
* Vacation/ personal time off
* Company paid holidays
* Family-friendly atmosphere and culture
We’re growing rapidly and it is very likely if you are successful in this position you will be given opportunities for promotion and advancement.
APPLYING FOR THE JOB:
BEFORE YOU APPLY, REVIEW OUR QUALIFYING QUESTIONS. IF YOU ANSWER “YES” TO THE MAJORITY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO APPLY. IF YOU ANSWER “NO” TO ANY, THAT’S OK….BUT TELL US WHY IN YOUR COVER LETTER.
We are asking:
1) Do you have Project Management experience in residential construction?
2) Are you passionate about constructing new homes and remodels?
3) Do you have a keen understanding of residential construction:
…d) scopes of work for each trade?
…h) schedule sequencing?
…i) industry best practices?
4) Do you want work that takes you all over town (Greater Portland)?
5) Do you have a vehicle to get yourself all over town?
6) Do you see yourself as a communicator?
7) Can you be amused during crises and stay afloat?
8) Do you want to move fast on the job?
9) Do you take personal ownership of the task at hand?
10) When you see a problem, do you take immediate action to solve it?
11) Do you want to continuously learn and grow at work?
12) At work, do you naturally give yourself job-specific goals?
13) Do you naturally pick up the phone to connect with people, follow up, and make things happen?
14) Do you want to see things through to the finish line, rain or shine?
15) Do you enjoy managing all the little details?
16) Do you have a natural drive for accuracy and precision?
17) Are you good at math and geometry?
18) Are you proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, email, and MS Project?
19) Are you a multi-tasker?
20) Are you naturally a safety and cleanliness person?
21) Do you speak Spanish, or are willing to learn Spanish?
22) Do you keep a “to do” list?
If you answered “Yes” to the majority of the above questions, we are most likely a good match! Read on to find out more details about the position, then apply for the job!
* Exceptional communication, adaptive to diverse relational situations
* Creation of complete and thorough scopes of work for each trade (subcontractors and materials suppliers) on each project
* Minimize Change Order impact
* Work closely with Senior Project Manager and Client to grasp design goals, price project accordingly, create budgets, communicate budgets to Client, achieve budget approval and execute contract with Client
* Work with designers to ensure that all design decisions are made and communicated to superintendent, appropriate subcontractors and suppliers for pricing and execution in the field
* Solicit competitive pricing bids from subcontractors and suppliers, and award contracts to most qualified bidders
* Budget management–award contracts that fit within project budgets
* To expedite the bidding process for each project, spearhead the creation and implementation of a subcontractor and supplier scope of work library for all trades and materials found on a typical residential project
* Assist Senior Project Manager with budget preparation for bank financing and monthly bank draws
* Act as liaison between the Client, Senior Project Manager, and Superintendent to ensure that Client’s intentions are communicated and fulfilled in the field
* Assist Senior Project Manager in working with Client, subcontractor and suppliers to ensure that Client’s vision is achieved within established budget
* Work closely with project Superintendent to communicate the selected design themes, design elements, materials, subcontractors, and scopes of work for each project, for execution in the field
* Create Microsoft project schedules and manage schedules in conjunction with Superintendent
* Manage Superintendent, ensure project is progressing on schedule
* Work with Senior Project Manager and Bookkeeper to prepare required bank documentation (budgets, project specs, drawings, company financials, etc.) necessary to procure financing
* Review vendor bills prior to their payment to ensure they are consistent with proposal and agreed upon scopes of work
* Assist Senior Project Manager with Client communication, Client expectations, project cost impacts, bank draws, etc.
* Assist Senior Project Manager and Bookkeeper in preparation of monthly invoices to Clients and/or preparation of monthly bank draws
* Facilitate and manage permitting
* Work with Superintendent to establish and address all punch list items
* Manage one-year-warranty work on all completed homes
* Assist Senior Project Manager with preparation of budget pro-formas and due diligence research on prospective projects
* Change order management
* Establish and manage Change Order log to document all project cost impacts to budget. Achieve client approval on all change orders
* Work with Superintendent to ensure job site meets OSHA, DEQ and CCB standards for safety, air quality, remediation, etc.
* Work with Superintendent to communicate with jurisdictions and governing agencies to ensure that all aspect of projects are compliant with code, necessary inspections and misc. regulations
* Establish and manage RFI (Request For Information) log to document all significant questions and answers
If you are ready to join our dynamic team:
We are accepting emails only (please do not telephone).